Mailing Address in Mexico

Elder Oliver Philip Hulme
Guadalajara East Mission
AV. 18 de Marzo #3088
Colonia las a Aguilas
Zapopan, Jalisco, Mexico
CP 45080

Thursday, October 9, 2014

General Conference, No Electricity, Albertina Baptism

Yay
Conference was killer this week. You all know it. In Mexico, everyone goes to the chapels to watch general conference, so we watched church on TV in the church building.
Saturday was pretty nuts. We watched the morning session, then in between we ate lunch and had a weekly meeting with the Bishop, while everyone else socialized and ate da food. Then we watched the afternoon session. Afterwards, we had the baptismal service of Albertina, which was grand.
And then we had a little bit of time, so Elder Martinez and I left to contact people and bought some tamales. And then we went back to watch the priesthood session. Church from 11am-9pm.  It was lovely.

This week we didn't pay our electricity bill and we couldn't pay it for a little bit of time. Aaaaand, we had 3 super funny nights of planning in the dark (super romantic with the candles).

My favorite talk was on Saturday From Jorg Klebingat. I want everyone to listen to it and meditate the crap out of it in their brains. He talks about how we all ought to be principally responsible for our own personal wellbeing, which was really nice. He talks about taking initiative and not complaining. It is a concept that if everyone does it, the world would be better. Obviously ,the whole world is not going to do it, but if we try - excellent.

Dearest family. My package got here this week. I love you cats. I was a bit dense, and excited, and didn't realize that parts were for my birthday, so the pants and Nalgene are already out. Ooops. 

This week in the lessons we had and in general conference, I reached a whole new level of feeling the spirit. I realize that there is not a more satisfactory joyous feeling than the true and whole gospel truths, and living them. There is nothing I love more than feeling the influence of the Holy Ghost in my life. And fortunately, Elder Martinez and I had multiple inexplainable spiritual experiences this week.
The other day, I saw a man on the street with a beautiful leather backpack. I offered to buy it from him and exchange him a different one I had. He said later. I called him later and he sold it to me. I am a happer camper.

Elder Dance is a winner


Albertina invited us to eat tacos

No comments:

Post a Comment