Mailing Address in Mexico

Elder Oliver Philip Hulme
Guadalajara East Mission
AV. 18 de Marzo #3088
Colonia las a Aguilas
Zapopan, Jalisco, Mexico
CP 45080

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Shrimp octopus cocktail, bounce house, King Benjamin's grand speech, large iguana

April 21, 2014
This week was a killer one for food. Especially on Friday, I think it was Friday. For our lunch / dunch appointment we ate molé. My body has made this rule:  I wait until I am nice and full, and then I usually eat double.... It was mole oaxaqueño, which I  don't like as much as poblano, but it was tasty tasty.


Then we went with and had a lesson with Eduardo, and his dad made us the tastiest hot shrimp cocktail. It had shrimp, octopus, avocado, tomato, cilantro and other herbs, and it was so tasty I wanted to cry.

This week was a good one, Eduardo is doing super well, but his wife is about the most awful creature. (I should be nicer, but it is hard.) All she does is cause problems in his life. I don't fully understand the situation, but when Eduardo is with her, she makes him sad, for no good reason.

Yesterday Elder Mar and I gave talks in sacrament meeting. I was asked to talk about why the sacrament reminds us of the atonement. It was a really easy topic, and I liked studying it. I love how the mission has made it super easy to prepare a pretty good talk in 45 minutes.

Mexico is getting really really toasty warm, and it has also been quite humid lately. We do our fair share of sweating.

Here in Mexico they don't celebrate Easter, but they have other crazy traditions. They have semana santa, or holy week, in which they have some wack job traditions, but they just use every excuse to get drunk. Which makes for interesting missionary work. Also when parents and all their friends want to get drunk, but everyone has 4 kids, they just rent a huge blow up bounce house, and plop it in the middle of the street so the children don't interrupt the intoxification.

Elder Mar still eats a lot, but only at night right before bed. Last night was yogurt, 2 sandwiches, a banana milkshake, granola, and fanta soda. He honestly doesn't do anything that bugs me, except he never cleans up after himself, but I have learned to clean up after all my companions because none of them do.

Right now I am reading in Mosiah, when King Benjamin is giving his grand speech. Honestly I don't know If there are chapters of the Book of Mormon that I love more.

Last night we taught some investigators how to do a family home evening. It doesn't work out so well when the people teaching didn't really do family home evenings growing up, but we made it work.

I sure love missionary work, and I sure love you all so much. I have some really good photos to hook you cats up with, so be on the lookout.

Hulme
Elder Hulme, Elder Rey
Elder Rey and I had divisions, and we traded ties, and I draped it upon my brow, and it has bikes.
The family of eduardo captured us a large iguana, it took me a minute to be able to touch it,
but i did it.  i did it guys. 
elder mar did as well.







No comments:

Post a Comment