Mailing Address in Mexico

Elder Oliver Philip Hulme
Guadalajara East Mission
AV. 18 de Marzo #3088
Colonia las a Aguilas
Zapopan, Jalisco, Mexico
CP 45080

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Last minute speakers, B of M, baptisms, budin

This week was a winner, and flew by in about six seconds. 
Yesterday we were waiting for a bus, and they played the Shut Up and Let Me Go song by the Ting Tings, and it was a good time.

Also yesterday, after sacrament meeting had already started, one of the counselors of the bishopric came up and told us that the bishop forgot to assign people to speak, and wanted to know if we could do it. We spoke: Elder Mar about Joseph Smith, and I spoke about the Book of Mormon. What I gained from it all, in the 12 minutes I had to prepare a talk (before and after passing the sacrament) is... How pitiful it is that it took me until I was really in the mission to gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon. It is ridiculous how I always had it in the house or on my phone, and never took advantage. From the mission, I am glad to say that I honestly know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and that if we correctly use its teachings we will be able to fulfill everything we need to do to receive eternal life. Read it up.

I was in a baptismal interview this week, and when we finished the first prayer, I looked at the person I was interviewing. With tears in his eyes, he looked at me and asked if he could tell me something. I told him yes (thinking, ohh cruddd, what's going on?) He began to tell me how he was thinking to not be baptized that week, but during the prayer he could feel the spirit tell him he needed to.... Honestly it was one of the most spiritually impacting things that has happened in a good amount of time. And I am super happy that it happened.

Everything is going killer well with Elizabeth. Everything is all set and ready to go for Friday. She is super great willing to live all of the commandments. We are suuuuuuuper excited for her. Aaand, it's really cool because all of the missionaries of my district have baptisms this week. 

Yes, today we went to my favorite bakery. The best item is by far something called BUDIN (boo-deen). It's like a brownie, but not chocolate, with raisins, and budin and I are in love. 

Super glad all of you are doing well, and it is absolutely crazy that its already the 14th of July. Time goes quick... 

Sure love you all sooooo much.
Take care, much love,

Elder Hulme.

No comments:

Post a Comment