Mailing Address in Mexico

Elder Oliver Philip Hulme
Guadalajara East Mission
AV. 18 de Marzo #3088
Colonia las a Aguilas
Zapopan, Jalisco, Mexico
CP 45080

Monday, December 15, 2014

1st Week in Reforma, Dr. Scholls Saved the Day, Russell M. Nelson

I bought Dr. Scholls insoles today, and life is now cushiony.

My camera just got another virus, so that stinks.

Tonight we are going to make mom's chocolate chip cookies for a family home evening.

My companion was the secretary of visas for six months, and this week, we had to go to the mission offices 2 times and to downtown Guadalajara. It was a jolly grand time, and really tiring. The downtown of Guadalajara is just a joy, even from the seat of a bus.

This Saturday (Dad's day of birth), we had a meeting with our mission, and the mission Mexico, Guadalajara. There were 460 full-time missionaries, an area president, a member of the seventy, and Russell M Nelson(12). It was mind shattering, and if you ever want to feel the spirit super strongly, just go to a meeting with those guys; it was a joy. I really enjoyed that Elder Nelson started his talking with tons of humility, expressing how grateful he was for a lot of things and how the Gospel has changed his life. He had some funny stories, and it was grand. One of the best parts is when he asked our mission president to share a quick thought. Real life, his words brought me to tears in about 32 seconds. I love that man a whole bunch. And it was just marvelous Saturday.

The night before the meeting, we went to bed at 2:30am (telling stories with the six missionaries that were in our house) and woke up at 5am. There were a whole bunch of sleepy kittens going on later.

Our new area is really really great. It is a lot different, and a lot harder, but I enjoy it. We have a really good family of investigators. The dad may be a little bit ocd, or just crazy pills - they have over 46 half-used bars of soap in their bathroom.... But they read the Book of Mormon, pray to know if it is the word of God, and are willing to repent, so we love them.

I am ever so grateful for this gospel, and I have no idea where I would be with out it. I know that Joseph Smith was called to be a prophet of this dispensation, and that if we live the Gospel of Jesus Christ, we can return to God's presence.

I love you all (un buen (a whole bunch))

Mom, I got my Christmas package, but I am waiting until Christmas.

Me, Elder Lopez, Elder Jimenez, Elder Sealor, Elder Martinez
Elder Sealor and I live in the same house. We get along really well and life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment