Mailing Address in Mexico

Elder Oliver Philip Hulme
Guadalajara East Mission
AV. 18 de Marzo #3088
Colonia las a Aguilas
Zapopan, Jalisco, Mexico
CP 45080

Monday, December 8, 2014

Transfer to Reforma, Busticated Neck, Another Dog in Church

My neck was stuck this way all week!

Rigoberto and family


Bishop and missionaries



The Buans




This week was nuts. On Monday night, I was called and told that I was invited to go to a leadership meeting with all the zone leaders and assistants and President Camarillo and his wife. It was in Guadalajara, so there was lots of traveling, a good amount of digestion pain, and it was an unforgettable, spiritually uplifting experience. we travelled all of Tuesday, the meeting was Wednesday, and I got back to Apatzingan on Thursday.

Thursday we had weekly planning, and we ran around looking for our investigators.
Friday, we went to the zone meeting, all was really well. buuuuut.
On Friday I woke up at 4am and I could not move my head/neck more than 14 degrees, no joke. The pain was super terrible, and I had to go to the bathroom. It took twenty minutes to leave bed and to get back in bed, in order to not shriek with pain.
I went to the zone meeting, and talked with Sister Camarillo to see what I should do.
I went to a doctor, they gave me some drugs, and later than night, with a lot of stretching out the neck, it started to feel better. Apparently, from changing temperatures a whole bunch (Guadalajara, Urupan, Apatzingan) you can get your little neck nerves a little bit angry. 
I gave part of the zone meeting, with my head pretty much looking at the floor.
BUT ALL IS WELL, AND MY NECK DOESNT HURT. <3

On Saturday, President Camarillo called me, and said that I was going to be moved to be a zone leader, and that they would tell me where on Sunday.

On Sunday, there was ANOTHER DOG, in sacrament meeting... I don't know who brings them, but it is the worst. 
We had a good show out in the gospel principles class I give
We had a killer lesson with the Buan family, where we pretty much got everything all readied up for the baptism of the hermano Buan. They are one of my favorite families that we found in Apatzingan, and they are the best.

On Sunday, they told me that I was going to be moved to Reforma.
My new companion is Elder Lopez. He is from Oaxaca, but he lived in Puebla for 4 years. He is a cool cat, and we are going to shred the area of Reforma.

My new area, and stake, and zone, is the same zone and stake as Tonala, so I will be seeing lots of old friends from there. I am excited. 

Overall, this week went by really fast and there were lots of photos taken of good friends.

I am glad to be here. I love this Gospel, and I know that what we share is the truth.

Love you all. 

 Elder Hulme.

No comments:

Post a Comment