Mailing Address in Mexico

Elder Oliver Philip Hulme
Guadalajara East Mission
AV. 18 de Marzo #3088
Colonia las a Aguilas
Zapopan, Jalisco, Mexico
CP 45080

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

About Elder Lopez, drove car, gummi bears & stake conference

January 25, 2015

I eat quesadillas, by the dozen, not really but I eat a good amount.
This was a really fast week, and I have no idea of what to write you guys about.
I don´t know if I told you guys, but my child Elder Martinez is now in the zone, so on Tuesday when all the districts have their district meetings, I chatted a few good minutes with him and it was a jolly grand time. It is fun to see old companions, and catch up with them.
Mom asked about elder Lopez. I love his gutz. We never fight and get along really good. He is a super smart guy- he went to 1 year of college before being a missionary, is from Oaxaca, but lived in Puebla for a couple years. He likes to play basketball and had a basketball scholarship before coming out here. I have no idea what he says about me to his family, probably this.. he eats vegetables, sleep talks, and likes having sober fun in the streets. Pretty much the both of us just like getting work done and want the zone to work a little bit harder. But we love life.
I don't know what is going on in the world, but a ton of people are dying out there, and it is sad. A good friend of the zone his grandpa just passed away this week. I talked with him for a minute after stake conference to see if there was anything we could do to help him. But jeezth, it's a tough world out there.
This Saturday and Sunday was stake conference which means gummi bears in the suit coat... it was super great. On Saturday, the best talk was from a seventy, Carlos Walter TreviƱo, who is here. He is an ex-mission president and is super rad. He gave a stellar talk about the faith and the miracles that one can acheive with buckets of faith. 
After the Saturday night session, Elder Lopez and I were chatting with a member, and sister Camarillo came up and said, President wants to talk you two right now. (We both were like, oh crap what´d we do this time.) We went to President and he just says, "who has their driver's license?" We both raised our hands, and then he handed me his car keys and told us we had to move his car because it was blocking people. 

I drove President's car. No one in the mission has ever done that because no one has permission to drive in Mexico. WE BROKE HISTORY KIDS. Even though I just backed it up and moved it about 25 yards, history was broken.
Sunday was another super spiritual experience in stake conference. children cried. a lot.
I am really thankful for my life. I am so thankful that God loves us all so much to send his son Jesus Christ, so we would not have to suffer. I am so thankful that the gospel and church of Jesus Christ have been restored and that we have the Book of Mormon. I am grateful for my friends and family and the support you give, and for the chance I have to serve the Lord
It is a struggle to find new investigators over here. Keep us in yourz prayerz pleaze.

Elder Hulme.


Starfire is alive ma loves


No comments:

Post a Comment