Mailing Address in Mexico

Elder Oliver Philip Hulme
Guadalajara East Mission
AV. 18 de Marzo #3088
Colonia las a Aguilas
Zapopan, Jalisco, Mexico
CP 45080

Monday, January 6, 2014

Transfer to Jalisco, New Year's

January 6, 2014

Okay here we go. On Saturday Elder Lux got a phone call from president, saying that he was going to train a new companion. Which means see you later Elder Hulme. Part of the 2014 resolutions was that I was going to make everything as good as I can with all of my companions. So we will see how it goes. So I'm in a new area. I'm in Jalisco, my Zone is Reforma 2, and my area is Tonala. And I'm here with Elder Cruz, and it's going to be awesome.

I was incredibly sad to leave Camelinas and Morelia because I love that city so much. And it is especially a bummer that we had 4 secure baptisms for the month of January, so pretty much a large portion of my blood sweat and tears, mostly sweat and tears will be inherited by some new elder. But that's alright - its the mission and I already left Morelia. I don't know much about my new area. Our house is super large and it has a microwave, and the boiler is NICE! So it'll be interesting to see how the next little bit goes, but we are going to make it work.

Here is a bit of a different/funny experience. We'll title it, "sometimes other people get you in trouble." Mission rule, You have to be in your house at 9:00pm but you can be out until 9:30 if in a lesson and you have permission. We had a lesson on Thursday, we brought the bishop along because it was a new investigator and we wanted him to get to know people. **note-The bishop always talks a ton** So we got there about eight, we had anticipated the bishop causing us to be late so we asked for permission. Elder Lux and I finished the lesson had the prayer and everything was all good to go at about 9:05, so we would have plenty of time to get home. At about 9:06, the investigator asked a simple question, that started a wild fire in the bishop's mind and mouth. He figured at that time, it would be a good time to explain the 10 Commandments, semi-thoroughly, and that took up until about 9:22. So he finishes the commandments, and I'm just like shut up shut up shut up we have to go home... With our lovely luck, the investigator had a question about tithing at 9:22, the bishop looked at me and said I'll answer this one. Needless to say, we got home late and when that happens you have to call president and get a royal PLANCH. It all turned out fine, but honestly there was 100% nothing else we could do. And the bishop knew exactly what time we had to be home. Oh well its over. 

New years eve and day in the mission are tricky because everyone just gets drunk as can be, and then the go out and shoot their guns in the air -1800's saloon style. So those days we had to be in the house at 7pm because it is crazy dangerous. 

I'm super glad to hear that all is well back home, and that the tortilla maker is being used with frequency. Mom, How are you doing the dough? Do you buy it or do it yourself? 
Is it snowing?
Don't worry I've learned to be a pretty clean person, because I cannot stand living in missionary filth, but I still have not learned to put my shoes away. The other day I had the insoles of some shoes, my shoes, and 2 pairs of flip-flops on the floor, and I thought, man Mom would be proud. 

I love missionary work to death. Sometimes it makes you wish that death was a bit closer, but it's usually pretty rockin. Also the best part is having lessons. 
What goes on with the missionaries in ward? Are there any? I only remember seeing them once every fortnight or so.

Well kids, sure love you all a ton and you guys are the best and have awesome weeks and don't do drugs because those fry your brain.


--elder hulmme

Fountains


cows in the streets want to go to the tiendas as well

Cesar never goes to church but pretty much has the scriptures memorized and works out a ton



Hermana Cidel Christmas tree

We found the top of Morelia and I love that city

Part of the Israde family (I'm convinced they are angels)

Elder Perrett

Elder Anastacio

No comments:

Post a Comment