Mailing Address in Mexico

Elder Oliver Philip Hulme
Guadalajara East Mission
AV. 18 de Marzo #3088
Colonia las a Aguilas
Zapopan, Jalisco, Mexico
CP 45080

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Deep cleaning in a luchador mask

March 16, 2015

Every 3rd monday of the transfer, we do deeeep cleeeaaaning. Today I was really excited to get all the mould from the last 3 years of missionaries off of the bathroom ceiling. I also did a small amount of the cleaning wearing a luchador mask, so you can say that was a good thing. We also got the kitchen all cleaned up, I don´t know how that place ever gets so dirty; we only use the microwave and the stove for some oatmeal.

I have beeen trying my best to do little things that make one better - right now we have...

An average of going running 5 days every week.
I have  5 months making my bed every morning.
I go to bed on time NEVER (not so good.)
I always get my dishes washed right after using them. 
LOOK MOM, I AM PROGRESSING

This week has been rainy and cold. Our feet have been clammy, and raisin-esk (#elegance) and it is just chilly beans. Today I bought 1 kilo of beans. I figured I've been over here for a good amount of time, and it is time to learn how to cook something.

This Thursday we had a zone conference with the president, the assistants, and the director of the MTC was totally in the house. The zone leader's job in that kind of a training is to buy the snack for everyone, get everyone to the church on time, get all the tables chairs, microphones, etc. all ready, and make sure everyone is studying. BORDER CONTROL HULME.

We have been working a lot better with the members. Elder Mar is the best companion anyone could ever want. It is the best working with him again.

Yesterday we were talking with one of our recent converts. He invited us over for some mole and cheese from VERACRUZ. I love mole, I love cheese, I love my life. 

My fingers are so cold from typing. 

I have really grown to love feeling the spirit. It is honestly something so special to have lessons incredibly powerful, in which the spirit testifies to the investigator, and to each of us. I like the scripture in  D&C 88:122. Here you have it in spanish:

122  Nombrad de entre vosotros a un maestro; y no tomen todos la palabra al mismo tiempo, sino hable uno a la vez y escuchen todos lo que él dijere, para que cuando todos hayan hablado, todos sean edificados de todos y cada hombre tenga igual privilegio. 

Even though it would be talking about a meeting, it still applies.

Sure love you all
Take care

Elder Hulme.

No comments:

Post a Comment