Mailing Address in Mexico

Elder Oliver Philip Hulme
Guadalajara East Mission
AV. 18 de Marzo #3088
Colonia las a Aguilas
Zapopan, Jalisco, Mexico
CP 45080

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Clown house, cloud 9, Prados Verdes

April 20, 2015

Our new house is suuuper great. It is yellow and is the clown house. casa de los payasos
I took a picture there before going to church this week.

This week, I woke up on tuesday, and I was 100% sure that a train had hit me, the bug from being sick the weekend before, but this time it had come new and improved. I talked with Sister Camarillo, she told me to go to the doctor. We went to the district meetings of the zone, and then went to the doctor. I had a pretty gnarly stomach infection. It was really fun - any sort of solid food ítem, within 2 minutes of eating it, was instantly turned into liquid, so that was a fun couple of days. I had to be in the house on Tuesday and Wednesday - I slept the whole time I was so sick on Tuesday. And then on Wednesday I was feeling a little bit better. They gave me some pretty strong druggage and then it was all good.

Wednesday was awesome, we had interviews for the whole zone with the presdente, which always turns into a huge all-day event. We got to the stake center at 7am and left at 6pm. wooooooh. But I had once again had an absolutely magnificent and wonderful interview with president Camarillo and he made me feel like a gem again. I think dad was the one who got the majority of it, but last week was a cold and scary place, buuuuut ever since Wednesday I have been on CLOUD 9.

Our area is the best. It is absolutely massive. We are still yet to get to know all of it, but I love it so much. We have some good investigators, and this week we were able to find 7 new ones. It is a bit tricky because we can find people that are willing to listen, but finding the chosen ones, those who really want to progress in the gospel is a whole new game.

The members are super cool. One day one of the sisters knocked on our gate with some sandwiches and some Cokes to eat for some lunch-age BLESSINGS. Today I ate a gazpacho, which is fruity cheesy food common to Morelia.

All is well with my companion. He is the first one I have had that may be a little bit more fabulous than I am. Well, a lot more fabulous. We get along quite well, you just have to avoid his breath. He loves pizza. Like nothing I have never seen, he ate 3 whole ones all by himself this week so that was wild.

My bed is a terrible place. It is rectangular like a normal bed, but in the middle of it there is a huge crater. The good news is, they closed a few areas in the zone, so we have to take all the things out of their house, and I will be inheriting a new mattress, hopefully today if possible.

We are busy busy busy busy busy people. In the area of Prados verdes, there is some sort of an oil Factory which makes where we live suuuuuper stinky, so that is fun. We take combis to get around everywhere. Pretty much all of my money is spent on combis so that is fun.

We have an awesome investigator. Her husband and daughter just got baptized two weeks ago, and we are working with her to get over her addiction to smoking and to help her to get baptized. She gave us food this Saturday and cooked an amazing meal. She already knows that everything is true, she is just being a bit stubborn right now, but she is the best.

I am really loving where I am. I love our savior and know that he lives. I know that we all can be cleansed from sin, as we apply the atonement in our lives, and that his gospel has been restored in these latter days.

Love you all. take care of yourselves.

(My tummy is alll better. It was a rough week for my body, but now things are good. I think I was having an allergic reaction to some of the drugs. On Thursday morning I woke up with super itchy itchy itchy hands, and about an hour later they got super swollen - it was nuts. They stopped to be swollen the next day. It was the first allergic reaction that I had ever had.)





Our Clown House

No comments:

Post a Comment