Mailing Address in Mexico

Elder Oliver Philip Hulme
Guadalajara East Mission
AV. 18 de Marzo #3088
Colonia las a Aguilas
Zapopan, Jalisco, Mexico
CP 45080

Sunday, June 7, 2015

May 25 - Grandpa Phil

May 25

Hi family. I hope all is well and that everyone is hangin' in there.
The other the assistants asked me to call the mission president, and he told me all that has happened with Grandpa Hulme's death.

It is a little tough to think of words to say. I pray often, asking that the Lord may give all of us the comfort we all need in these moments. When the mission president told me, the only thing I could think of afterwards was that Dad, Xander, and a lot of other family members have all served a large amount of time in the mission field, preaching the eternal, truthful plan of salvation to all of the people that we can, and in the right time, we return to the presence of our Father, with all of our loved ones.

I realize and understand that the physical separtation that we have from Grandpa Phil is something difficult right now. But at the same time, I completely confy in the perfect atonement of our saviour. All of the pains, sorrows, and mourning that we can feel, he has already felt it. I want you all to be able to search his strength, pray with all of your hearts, and feel his embrace.    Alma 7*11-13

Grandpa Phil was the best. We all know it. An incredible musician, who was always willing to put on a show with his UKE and sing a song. At the same time, he was always a loving grandfather, who, even with the little sight that he had, was always present in the times of swim meets, Thanksgiving dinners, music activities, etc. He was a stellar example of being a dedicated servant of the Lord, and he maintained that image throughout all of his life. 

Dad, Mom, Alexander, Ari, Simon and Amelia. It is all part of our lives to move on. Fortunately, we all understand the gospel of Jesus Christ. We understand that God has a plan for all of us, and if we are obedient, one day we will all be brought back together. Stay strong, be supportive to one another. Sorry I won´t be present during this time. But every one of you are included in my prayers. I love you all so much. You mean the world to me. I love Grandpa Phil, I love has his name as mine, and everything is going to be alright.

Take Care.
Be strong

Elder Hulme

(I am starting in a new area. Tlajomulco 1. I will be training a new missionary, and I´ll receive him in like 2 hours.)

I forgot. My president said I could call you guys if I felt it was necessary. It's hard, but I think it would be best that we wait to talk until I get home. To be able to maintain focused, I will keep working and praying hard over here.


I love you all so much. But I know that this is what God wants me to do. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment